Melbourne Tour - Along the Great Ocean road. With new European friends (Monika Italy, Anke Germany, Mieka Holland).Hey All,

I thought it was about time I wrote again, at least this Blog will help me remember all the adventures I have been on since leaving England in November. So I left the not so sunny UK on 15th November and jetted to Indonesia with Laura. Stopping off in Malaysia (KL) and visiting my favorite hostel (Hostel Cosmopolitan) and my favourite fat ginger cat. I will write this Blog as i think, which is a very me thing to do, jump from one adventure to the next in a random unorganised order (which actually is not like me, the unorganised bit), the random bit yes!
Piccie shows Sydney Harbour from a ferry i took with a friend Anke, a girl i met in Melbourne. We ventured to Manly a lovely beach suburbs on the north side of Sydney.
So, where do i live currently...the lovely Bondi (Bondi beach by sunset see pic), and this is my pad (pic below, floor 3), where i currently live with two Frenchy's and Sharon, my friend I met in Koh Tao at the beginning of last year and the two of us just get on amazingly. Same age, same likes and living the same part of our life i guess..unsure of where we want to settle, what specific job we want to settle in and in search i guess for that man to settle with one day.
Sharon and I both love exercise and have given ourself the task to learn to surf..surf well. Most men don't stand a chance at getting our attention unless they can surf and are willing to teach us some skills. My current 'instructor' is a Brazilian i met on the bus one evening, after i had been in the city completing my RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol course), The most pointless waste of my time ever and a way for the government to get money and then legally fine you in your job later on. Even the teacher called it the second most pointless course ever after the Responsible gambling course!! Well $50AUS and 6hrs later i am certified!!
The piccie (on right) is me last Friday in my Bondi bedroom ready to hit Sydney city and a night on the town with some girl friends. A night that turned into a great coinsidence, as we ended up celebrating the Ashes win with the England cricket team. Sharon and I were at the bar and then who was next to us buying drinks...Collingwood and we ended up having a G & T from him and the night kick started. A night that cost zero, excellent start to the weekend!
My weeks have been full of handing out CVs and doing work trials. I now have a job at a falafel pita cafe making pitas and salad plates to order, falafel or meat or halumi you name it, im a whizz now, the staff say im such a quick learner and i guess as mum says its that im so used to making wraps to eat myself. It not really that hard and everyone in the cafe are all same age, backpackers, and the music is pumping and we all work as a team and its busy busy great fun. Its only 14dollars an hour, but its cash in hand every Tuesday, so come next week i have incoming cent..brilliant, straight into my bank account, as notes over here do not last one day!! In England i would never get 30quid out of the ATM and spend it in a day so easily!!!
So Christmas for me was spent in North Sydney with Sharon's English friends. We had a lovely day playing in the paddling pool and we cooked a big turkey and lots veggies, and mince pies and trifle..was a great day. I missed everyone sooo much though, imagining you all eating mums homemade cooking and sitting round the big table and opening pressies together. We did a secret santa and i had a voucher for Dotti's which is now my favourite shop. I am slowly increasing my dress wardrobe..! I bet you guys all had an amazing time, Christmas is my favourite time of year, and even being in a different country and different climate i still diverted back to what i like..roast turkey and mince pies and crackers and party hats and christmas songs !!
NYE was spent on Bondi beach at a big outdoor concert. Dancing up and down to house music from Armand van Helden and David Guetta. Fireworks over the sea and soberness (drinks in the venue were 2.5% !!! and 11dollars !!!! ) was crazy prices, so i recon come 2am Sharon and I had drank ourself sober. But at least NY day i was able to lie on Bondi beach and watch the morning begin on 2011. I didnt make it to bed and was surprisingly not tired all day. Great way to start 2011 a MacDonalds cappachino on the beach with a friend soaking in the early early morning sunshine.
Prior to Sydney i was in Melbourne for around 2-3 weeks. Living with a friend called Pete (who I met when i was in Leeds, he used to live next door to me with his Aussie friends). I lived in his house in St Kilda, a great beach suburbs of Melbourne, a very American city, the Aussie way is very American it reminded me of California with its blocks and large cars and climate. Very city life, i felt a little scruffy in my travel clothes and the weather is so drastic one minute sun next rain next stormy hail...really does have its own ecosystem.
Melbourne is a very liveable city, so green, full of sport, and you just don't feel enclosed in the city. Sydney city is more like London, crammed, busy, everyone active, and high rise buildings. But, Bondi is
a great in-between, I love jogging along the beach, everyone is doing the same, a very active suburbs and its full of surfer guys, how can you not enjoy that!
While in Melbourne i visited the MCG or 'The G' and saw England play their friendly touring test against Victoria state which they actually LOST!! But maybe they let them hehe..
Im moving to north Sydney in a few days, to house sit with Sharon. Then we will come back to our Bondi pad in 2 weeks and continue living here as we love it.
Eventually I want to go over to Perth and Ningaloo reef on the west, and also go up to the east coast and the Great barrier reef, so much to explore, but for now Im working in Sydney in a DM job and guiding divers and snorkelers. Located south of Bondi at a bay around the corner called Coogee.
Looking back to November I had an amazing relaxing time in Bali and Gili Trawanghan with Laura. Plenty of diving and girly catch ups. Realised how close Laura and I are and how well we get on living together. Great times at the Irish bar and hanging out at Manta dive resort where Laura learnt to dive, so proud of her, as she was a bit panicy at the beginning in the pool. First Dad and now Laura im turning everyone. Diving really is an amazing experience, being able to float in a world where you cant talk just peacefully experience the wonders of the ocean, the largest kingdom in the world. Fish really are curius little things, i dont believe that they only have 10second memory anymore hehe.
Its January sales here in Sydney, just brought a new bikini for $20 its bright salmon. I would never wear that colour normally but tannage is doing well, dont worry mum im wearing heaps of suncream, not burnt yet promise!!
Lots love to the family back home, and especially to auntie Pat, thinking of you loads. xxxx


No comments:
Post a Comment