Locals describe it as a custard textured fruit with a delicious in-descriable taste. Exactly in-descriable taste, BEWARE!! I would describe it as like vomit in the mouth, with a warm cow pat texture, literally distusting.
I'll set the scene....I was soo excited to see the local Thai man wheeling a cart full of Jack Fruit down the street. My mouth started salvating at the thought of the banana fritter flavoured yummy fruit!! However, I how know that Jack Fruit and Durian Fruit look very similar, both large round fruit with bumps on the outer surface.
I just typed it into the web (while Skyping Ad and Becca) and some of the descriptions of this fruit are hilarious!
"It smells like a poorly maintained public convenience but the taste is worse!".
"its like like eating sweet raspberry blancmange in the lavatory."
"It tastes completely rotten, like mushy onions."
"your breath after eating the fruit will smell as if you'd been French-kissing your dead grandmother."
"... its odor is best described as pig-shit, turpentine and onions, garnished with a gym sock".
"..comparisons have been made with the civet, sewage, stale vomit, skunk spray and used surgical swabs".
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ah a
"The smell evokes reactions from deep appreciation to intense disgust". LOVE IT !!!
What about this it is sooo smelly that this has led to the fruit's banishment from certain hotels and public transportation in southeast Asia.
Well these descriptions make me feel alot better..........!
So do go ahead and try this lovely tasty fruit, Yum Yum .

yes I have heard about them. they are banned on aircraft. saw them in London china town. weird looking
ReplyDelete